05 July 2011

Let Go

I started a blog knowing there are many stories to tell and many stories to be heard.  Life is beautiful and we have an absolutely wonderful God who reminds us every day of how truly loved we are.

Sometimes though, it’s hard to see that truth when your heart is broken.

It probably is obvious that I have had my heart broken before.  The first time I felt it, the pain was so intense that I didn’t know if I would ever get over it.  Believe me, I cried like there was no tomorrow.  But I was blessed to have friends who were there to support me every step of the way until I was ready to let go and move on. 

Among my social circle, this season has been a very trying period. A lot of my friends are experiencing heartaches from either being cheated, betrayed or made worthless.  Self-esteems were crushed, and it really helps to have people who can identify and support them as they find themselves once again.   

It is so much easier knowing someone is there to listen and encourage.   I know this because that is what helped me. That is one of my primary reasons for making this blog. Having gone through all of those heartaches doesn't necessarily make me an expert, but something deep inside of me wants to help and share with your pain.

I want to be able to tell you that everything is going to be ok.

I want to ask you to “Let Go and Let God”. 

The concept of letting go of your pain is difficult, but the process of letting God take away the hurt for you will make it easier.




2 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog (you followed me on Twitter) and you came at just the right time. I've been married for a year and half. Things aren't always perfect, but I've been more blessed than not. It's so hard sometimes to let go and let God take control. Sometimes I feel like I pray and pray for Him to take something from me, then when he starts to, I play tug-a-war with Him and start to pull it back. I don't want it anymore. And your blog was what I needed today. Thank you. And thank the Lord, He always knows what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheilsea,

    Thanks for taking time to read my blog. It means a lot to know it has encouraged you. :) Your message has encouraged me, too. God really knows what we need, and more so, He knows whats best for us. There are many times when I tried to take charge of my life, but I just end up more stressed and helpless. It's been a struggle trying on my own, but when I finally just let go and surrender to God, He steps in and works wonders! Praying for you! x

    ReplyDelete